Training for Monday, May 29 & Tuesday, May 30

Tuesday, May 30, 2017



So crazy busy right now, you guys. Just joking. But for real.

Anyway, lot's going on right now. I've decided to take on a project that will probably eat up all the free time I don't currently have. I'll share more about once I have things a touch more streamlined.

The hell with it. I'm going to launch a CrossFit brand. Winnipeg WOD is going to focus on the all greatness that is the Winnipeg (and Manitoba) CrossFit scene. It's going to start as a print magazine coupled with a strong digital component. From there, who knows. I have some different kind of ideas I'm just going to go with. I even have a preliminary logo and website!

Again, I'll share much more about this as it develops.

Monday's training:

Cycle to and from U of M: 20 km

Lunch hour

At this point I forget. Oh, nevermind. I didn't go to CrossFit Monday. I just did the WOD at the Active Living Centre. It was beastly ... mostly because I have a slight injury at the top of my right leg. Feels a little better today though.

The bike ride was a joke. Mostly because May in this city a joke. Felt like dammed winter out there. 

Back Squat 3, 3, 3, 3, 3
5 Rounds for time
250 m Row (or 200m Run if rower is occupied)
12 Squat Snatch (35/25kg)
21 Push-ups


This is the first time in a long time I went all out at the ALC. The squat snatch was spicy.

Tuesday's training:

Cycle to and from U of M: 20 km

Lunch hour

Doing a new thing where, if I'm going to CrossFit after work, I'm going to spend lunch hour training as more of a warm-up session. The goal is to do light-to-moderate accessory training on all my body parts. So, I guess what I'm trying to say is that I did machine leg extensions for the first time in half a decade today.

CrossFit

A1. Front Squat Drop set; 3.6 x 4 sets; 2 min rest
A2. C2B Cluster; 7.7 x 4 sets; 2 min rest

15 – 12 – 9 reps of
Wallballs (20/14#)
KBS to eye level only (70/50#)

rest 5 min

12 – 9 – 6 reps of
Deadlift
Front Squats
S2OH
*50/30kg for all movements


Another beast. I rx'd it though. The programming lately has been focused on legs and back. I've got no problems with that. It's just that I'm old and I apparently have the knees of a 120-year-old.

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

GK All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger